What are the indications for Opti-Therm?
- As a refractive surgeon, targeting a perfect visual outcome relies heavily on a normal tear film.
- An inadequate tear film, largely due to dysfunctional oil glands results in a poorly lubricated surface of the eye, which induces inflammation, discomfort, feeling of grit or sand in the eyes, red eyes, and importantly blurred vision.
- Dry eye disease, secondary to meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), otherwise known as posterior blepharitis is a common and often under diagnosed and under treated condition.
- We are now commonly treating MGD prior to refractive procedures including LASEK and PRK(Laser vision correction procedures), as a large percentage of people have an unstable tear film secondary to this. After the procedure Opti-Therm is once again essential on the other end of the temperature spectrum with regards the cooling function to decrease inflammation and discomfort.
- Opti-Therm is also a great supplementation to ocular allergy treatment. Cold therapy works exceptionally well here providing instant relief from itchy eyes.
There are a number of other causes of irritation and inflammation in and around the eyes including but not limited to sinus related problems (sinusitis and nasal congestion) for which the heat therapy will also work well.
Plastic surgery procedures:
Any surgery around the eyes and on the face will cause some amount of post operative swelling, bruising and discomfort.
For this,the Opti-Therm cold therapy is ideal.
The following procedures will be ideal for the use of Opti-Therm:
- Blepharoplasty ( removal of tissue from either the upper and or lower lids)
- Face lift
- Brow lift
- Eyelid reconstruction after tumor removal
- Tightening procedures of the eyelids
- Sinus surgery
For instructions, please refer to the directions for use icon.
Preserving longevity for both men and women has become an intrinsic part of growing older.
In achieving this goal many people turn to the following procedures for which Opti-Therm (cold packs) can provide post procedure relief and keep any swelling and potential bruising to a minimum:
- Botox injections on and around the brow and forehead
- Fillers around the eyebrows and side of head
- Facial chemical peels
- Facial threading procedures
- Permanent eye makeup
- The cold inserts can even be used for any of these procedures on and around the mouth. Just keep the insert out of the mask and apply the cold pack directly to the treated area.
Please refer to the instructions “how to use” section.